The recruiting room inside the Cougar Football Complex at Washington State University has been named the Steve Gleason Recruit Suite in honor of the WSU Athletic Hall of Famer who played football and baseball 1995-99 and in the NFL 2000-07 for the New Orleans Saints.

Steve Gleason, left, WSU football coach Mike Leach and alumnus Glenn Osterhout at WSU Wednesday.

“Pullman has been a big part of my development,” said Gleason, who was at WSU for the naming Wednesday. “I have amazing memories from my time here and I am excited I could be here in person today. Thanks again for including me. Go Cougs!”

The naming opportunity arrived courtesy of Cougar alumnus Glenn Osterhout’s donation of $250,000. With his pledge, Osterhout, a 1983 graduate who is a certified financial planner in Bellevue, was presented the opportunity to name the recruiting room inside the Cougar Football Complex.

“The recruiting room was something I was very interested in because that is a big part of what the football operations building is about, bringing in top-notch student-athletes,” said Osterhout. “I wanted the room to be about somebody. Steve will be an inspiration to a lot of young men who will come through that room.” More…