As the point of contact between foundations and the University, the WSU Foundation’s Foundation Relations team can help your organization partner with WSU, faculty, staff, students and their world-class research, innovation, and outreach throughout the state and around the world. We can help you:
- Identify WSU projects and programs aligned with your organization’s mission
- Schedule on-or off-campus visits to introduce you to faculty experts with shared interests
- Begin conversation about partnering with WSU
- Inform your organization about WSU’s priorities and opportunities for developing innovations in health, food and food safety, sustainability, STEM: science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) education and outreach.
The WSU Foundation Relations team strategically coordinates partnerships with grant-making foundations whose funding initiatives align with the University’s strengths in research, education, and outreach. We work closely with faculty and staff and can assist you in connecting with WSU experts and arrange in-person visits with affiliated researchers, lab and program managers, and students.
For Faculty & Staff
The WSU Foundation’s Foundation Relations team’s involvement with proposal activities and fundraising efforts are aligned with the academic and research priorities of Washington State University.
- Prospect identification and research
- Proposal coordination and development
- Planning and staffing for on and off-campus site visits
- Assistance with introductions to foundation representatives
- Staff support for meetings with foundation representatives
- Editing and writing support for proposals and letters of inquiry
- Assistance gathering institutional information and materials
- Editing of stewardship reports for grants awarded to the WSU Foundation in support of academic and research initiatives
We are here to help
Contact us to begin a conversation about how our team can work with you to help advance your concept. Reaching out to our team early in the process is important because:
- The Foundation Relations team is the primary contact for the foundations included in this list. Please contact Foundation Relations as soon as possible if the foundation you intend to contact is on this list to ensure your proposal is submitted appropriately.
- Many foundations have strict guidelines for the applications to be considered. Foundation Relations can help ensure your proposal fits all the required specifications.
- Many foundations limit the number of applications an institution can submit in a given period of time. The Foundation Relations team will coordinate your proposal with others from the University to ensure WSU does not exceed these limitations. See “Limited Submission” on the Office of Grant and Research Development’s (OGRD) website.
- The Foundation Relations team is aware of many relationships between University faculty, staff, and programs. We can help you leverage those connections to help you achieve your objectives.
- Sponsored project grant proposals should be processed and approved by OGRD prior to submission, including those submitted by the WSU Foundation. The Foundation Relations team can guide you through this process.
Foundation Relations coordinates with a number of WSU offices, including:
- Development professionals representing each of WSU’s colleges, campuses and units
- Office of Research
- Office of Grant and Research Development (OGRD)
Your Resources for Funding Opportunities:
- PIVOT connects funding opportunities and research expertise.
- The Informer is published by WSU’s Office of Research Operations and Support in an effort to keep you informed of upcoming funding opportunities & WSU research news.
- Contact us for more information and access to Foundation Search, a detailed database of thousands of foundations across the country.
WSU Foundation Central Office
Town Centre Building, 3rd Floor
255 E. Main Street, Suite 301
PO Box 641925
Pullman, WA 99164-1925
Phone: 509-335-6686 or 800-GIV-2-WSU (448-2978)
Washington State University Seattle Office
901 Fifth Avenue, Suite 2900
Seattle, WA 98164