By completing the WSU Foundation's How WSU Student Video Contest entry form, or by submitting a video, you confirm that:
- You have read and agree to abide by the contest rules as presented
- You are the rightful creator(s) of the video
- Your video is your original work and does not violate any applicable copyright laws
- You understand the video becomes the property of the Washington State University (WSU) Foundation
- The WSU Foundation and WSU will have full unrestricted rights to the use of video, including your name(s), photograph(s), voice(s), likeness(es), and biographical information, in any manner or media whatsoever, including edited versions, in audio/video presentations, streaming audio and/or video over the Internet, broadcast, cable, satellite transmissions, and media that are unknown at this time, worldwide for any purposes, including without limitation, use in marketing, advertising and promotional materials.
- You waive any so-called author’s rights or droits morale, and agree not to interfere with WSU's or the WSU Foundation's use of the video
- You assume full responsibility for ensuring that each individual who appears in the video has full knowledge of, and has consented to their name(s), photograph(s), likeness(es), and biographical information being used in any manner or media whatsoever for marketing purposes by the WSU Foundation and/or WSU
- You understand that you will not be paid any compensation (except possible prize money) and will not be entitled to receive credit for the video
- All winners of cash prizes will be required to complete a W9 form prior to payment
- Prize money awarded to international students will be subject to taxes and fees
- Prize money may take up to 4 weeks after receiving documentation to be processed
- The WSU Foundation and WSU are not responsible or liable for any claims related to the video entry, including those related to infringements of intellectual property rights, public dissemination of the video and invasion of privacy, libel or slander
- WSU and the WSU Foundation are also not responsible for technical hardware or software failures of any kind, for lost or unavailable network connections, or for failed, incomplete, garbled, and/or delayed computer transmissions that may limit, or interfere with, a participant’s ability to take part in the contest.
By participating in the contest, you agree to release and discharge WSU and the WSU Foundation their administration, directors, officers, employees, sponsors, and their agents from all actions, claims, and demands arising out of your participation in the contest, the awarding of the prize, or the use of any personal information.