Tony Thompson (’09 Lib. Arts.)

tony-thompson

My affinity for WSU started back when I was a baby. Both of my parents are WSU alums. My father, Jack, was an All-American quarterback and my mother, Molly, was known to “tear it up” on the intramural fields. I guess you could say I was born to be a Coug. I came to Washington State University myself as a student-athlete (football) in 2005.

I give to WSU because the University has given me so much over the years. I earned a scholarship as a student-athlete, forged lifelong friendships with fellow Cougs and work with the most amazing staff and faculty here at the Carson College of Business and School of Hospitality Business Management. I am forever grateful to WSU for the opportunities it has provided me.

The biggest reason I love coming to work every day is the impact I get to have on our students. In fact, I’m sure a lot of staff and faculty would say the same thing. Giving back to WSU as an employee shows you have a vested interest in the overall student experience. The future is bright for WSU, and we as Cougar Colleagues can play a huge part in that success!

Go Cougs!