A scholarship recipient when she attended WSU, Natalie Baerlocher, knows the immense impact private support has on the University and its students. Appreciative of the support she received which helped her to graduate without any student loans, Natalie chooses to pay it forward by giving to a variety of areas at WSU.

Natalie Baerlocher understands first hand the power of scholarships at WSU.

Why did you choose to attend WSU? 
I always knew I wanted to study math. Since the College of Arts and Sciences had such a great reputation for quality instruction and high job placement, WSU was an easy choice for me.

What are your future plans?
I am already living the dream! I have an interesting job with a great company. I live with a fellow WSU alum, and spend my Saturdays watching Cougar football.

Why do you give to WSU?
During my tenure at WSU, I was fortunate to receive several scholarships. Thanks to the generosity of alumni, I was able to graduate student loan-free. So, giving to WSU has given me the opportunity to pay it forward.

What area(s) of WSU do you support?
I currently support many different areas of the University including: the College of Arts and Sciences World Class Fund, the Mathematics Development Fund, the President’s Excellence Fund, and the Crimson Opportunity Scholarship Fund.

What is your favorite WSU memory?
During the spring break of my freshman year, I went on a crazy camping trip with a bunch of friends from the dorms. I developed relationships with them that I will cherish for life.