Derek Brown (’03 Crim. Just.)

derek-brown

I am a life-long Coug fan and supporter of WSU. I give back because WSU means so much to my family and me. As a WSU graduate in criminal justice, and as an employee since 2005, first at the WSU Creamery and now with the Office of Research, I am grateful for all the opportunities WSU has provided.

I started contributing to WSU right after graduation, and while the amount I’m able to donate fluctuates, the feeling of supporting our University wherever I can makes it all worthwhile. My initial donations went to
scholarships and my lifetime membership in the Alumni Association. These days, I also love supporting Cougar athletics and showing off my crimson Coug plates everywhere I go.

It’s important for WSU employees to support the University, because it shows we take pride in where we work and that we support the education we provide our students. With Coug parents and grandparents, and a wonderful new Coug wife, WSU has been a major part of my life for as long as I can remember.

WSU’s mission as a land grant and major research university provides great avenues for support that has an impact. Changing the world takes all kinds of contributions: big and small. But as Cougs, we can do great things together. Go Cougs!