CougParents Advisory Board
The CougParents Advisory Board (CPAB) is a group of vested, current WSU parents from across the country who understand the importance of student experience. The board was founded on philanthropy, student interests, and Cougar spirit. Members network with other parents and inspire support that provides exceptional student experience. Advisory board members actively engage in our students’ success, they receive invitations to special events, and have access to University leadership.
Board membership criteria includes the following:
- They support the CougParents Fund at the leadership level of $1,000 per year.
- They commit to attending meetings at least twice a year in person, by phone or by video.
- They have a student enrolled at WSU.
Advisory Board Activities
The CPAB meets twice a year in Pullman—during Dad’s Weekend and Mom’s Weekend.
- CougParents Fund grant awarding: CPAB engages in dialogue regarding the parent experience and awarding resources from the CougParents Fund to student groups and programs across the University.
- Parent Outreach: Board members reach out and welcome new parents during the fall semester to seek feedback on their experiences and concerns, and to provide the opportunity for them to ask questions about the WSU experience. Board members are asked to phone or email 20 families.
- Stewardship: Board members reach out to all parents who make gifts to WSU to offer thanks and invite them to participate in CougParents activities.
- Encourage Participation: Board members communicate with new parents to explain the purpose, impact, and necessity of the CougParents Fund and to request support of the program.
Would you like to be involved with the CougParents Advisory Board? Sign up online here.