The Office of Corporate Relations supports the implementation of Washington State University’s Strategic Plan and its research and education mission by serving as the system-wide steward of its engagement with public and private companies and their industries. Our team can help your organization partner with WSU, faculty, staff, students, and their world-class research, innovation, and outreach throughout the state and around the world.
We can help:
- Identify WSU projects and programs aligned with your organization’s or industry’s mission
- Schedule on-or off-campus visits to introduce you to faculty experts with shared interests
- Begin conversations about partnering with WSU
- Inform your organization about WSU’s Grand Challenges, our research priorities, and opportunities for developing innovations in sustaining health, sustainable resources, opportunity and equity, smart systems, and national security.
Our goals are to:
- Expand and improve career opportunities for students by facilitating industry engagement in curricula, teaching/learning experiences, internships/co-ops, etc.;
- Increase industry collaborations in and funding for faculty research;
- Foster business engagements with vendors and contractors that advance of the University’s broader goals;
- Partner with industry in support of mutually beneficial public policy initiatives;
- Engage the private sector in the conceptualization, development, implementation of strategic initiatives, such as large-scale federal grants, pursuit of high-demand degrees, etc.;
- Broadly encourage and facilitate corporate philanthropic support for the University and its mission; and
- Expand the visibility and relevance of WSU with key industries and corporations across Washington State.
To achieve these goals, the Office of Corporate Relations:
- Serves as the central coordinator for the University’s system-wide relationships with strategic institutional corporate partners;
- Provides an entry point for corporations seeking new relationships with the University through the WSU and WSU Foundation websites, printed materials, and direct interaction through civic and industry activities;
- Is mindful of and develops strategies to advance the University’s engagement with specific companies, technologies, and industries that show promise for significant employment and economic growth in Washington State;
- Assists individual campuses and colleges with strategic corporate engagement projects as able;
- Communicates regularly with business units, specifically and primarily with the WSU Foundation, the offices of the Provost, Research and External Affairs and Government Relations, the Academic Success and Career Center and the development teams of all colleges and campuses to ensure coordination and collaboration and maximize the outcomes of corporate engagement.
Other corporate connections:
The Office of Corporate Relations is based at WSU’s downtown Seattle office.
Washington State University Seattle Office
901 Fifth Avenue, Suite 2900
Seattle, WA 98164