I am…
Grace Reed, a junior majoring in English with an emphasis in creative writing. I am also an Honors student and a Fulbright Summer Institute participant.

My scholarships are important to me because…
They represent the faith that WSU has in my ability to perform as a dedicated student, and they are a sign of support from those who have gone before me. My parents taught me the value of taking education seriously and are encouraging me to pursue graduate school, if I wish.

Reed-Grace-Collage

My dream job…
I would love to work in a publishing company as an editor or agent. My ultimate goal is to have a career where I can write every day. Working as an editing intern on the new Palouse Review online literary journal for the Honors College as a freshman was amazing and reaffirmed my desire to go into publishing. I loved being involved with publishing stories that deserve to be read!

In my spare time, I…
Read and write fiction! I also like watching movies with my friends, swing dancing, and organizing social activities at my church.

To my scholarship donors…
Thank you for caring. Too many people move on after college, assuming that future generations can muddle through without too much help. Your generosity shows that you still care about the University and the students it prepares for careers in numerous fields. So thank you for not forgetting what it was like to be 19 years old and just beginning your journey.

Among others, Grace receives the Glenn Terrell Presidential Scholarship, which honors incoming freshmen with outstanding academic records. You can add your support to this notable scholarship fund by making a gift hereYour gift will be counted toward the $1 billion Campaign for WSU