Throughout the Campaign for WSU, University employees have stepped up—not only in their service to the institution, but through their personal gifts to WSU as well. Kathy Montagne is among this growing group of faculty and staff who understand the importance of supporting WSU’s students, research, and outreach.

Kathy Montagne“I give because I believe in WSU and as an employee, I can see the benefits of my contributions at work every day,” says Kathy, who earned her MBA at WSU Vancouver in 2000, and now works at University Publishing in Pullman.

Kathy designates most of her gifts to benefit programs in veterinary medicine. “Animals are my soft spot,” says Kathy, “and I have seen first-hand the benefits of having one of the nation’s top veterinary schools here at WSU.”

Kathy recalls a personal experience with the veterinary program that helped add to her love for the school. Once she found a kitten outside of a campus building and turned to WSU’s veterinary hospital for aid. WSU veterinarians became the kitten’s first vets, and now, years later, Kathy is the happy pet owner of her adult cat, Cooper.

Kathy is so passionate in her support of WSU that she has volunteered on the Cougar Colleagues committee—a group of WSU employees that reaches out to fellow employees to inspire support of WSU from within the organization.

“No matter what your passion, there is a way to further that passion with a gift to WSU,” says Kathy. “The students and programs we help today may create a breakthrough in medical science, help a child overcome a disability, or discover a new way to feed the world. The possibilities are endless—and we can all help make it happen!”