CORPORATE & FOUNDATION RELATIONS
FOR FACULTY AND STAFF
The WSU Foundation’s Corporate & Foundation Relations team’s involvement with proposal activities and fundraising efforts are aligned with the academic and research priorities of Washington State University.
- Prospect identification and research
- Proposal coordination and development
- Planning and staffing for on and off-campus site visits
- Assistance with introductions to representatives of corporations and foundations
- Staff support for meetings with corporate and foundation representatives
- Editing and writing support for proposals and letters of inquiry
- Assistance gathering institutional information and materials
- Editing of stewardship reports for grants awarded to the WSU Foundation in support of academic and research initiatives
For sponsorship inquiries, please contact WSU Conference Management: http://professionaleducation.wsu.edu/conference_services.aspx, or contact the development staff serving your college or area: /campaign/programs/index.html.
We are here to help
Contact us to begin a conversation about how our team can work with you to help advance your concept. Reaching out to our team early in the process is important because:
- The CFR team is the primary contact for the foundations and corporations listed here: http://www.ogrd.wsu.edu/private_grant.asp. Please contact CFR as soon as possible if the foundation or corporation you intend to contact is on this list to ensure your proposal is submitted appropriately.
- Many foundations and corporations have strict guidelines for the applications to be considered. CFR can help ensure your proposal fits all the required specifications.
- Many foundations and corporations limit the number of applications an institution can submit in a given period of time. The CFR team will coordinate your proposal with others from the University to ensure WSU does not exceed these limitations. See “Limited Submission” on the Office of Grant and Research Development’s (OGRD) website: http://informer.ogrd.wsu.edu/OpportunityList.aspx?ID=2.
- The CFR team is aware of many relationships between University faculty, staff, and programs. We can help you leverage those connections to help you achieve your objectives.
- Sponsored project grant proposals should be processed and approved by OGRD prior to submission, including those submitted by the WSU Foundation. The CFR team can guide you through this process.
CFR coordinates with a number of WSU offices, including:
- Development professionals representing each of WSU’s colleges, campuses, and units: /campaign/programs/index.html
- Development professionals at the WSU Foundation: /contact/CentralFndtnDir.html
- Development professionals at WSU's Seattle Office: /contact/WSUwest.html
- Office of Research: http://www.officeofresearch.wsu.edu/
- Office of Grant and Research Development (OGRD): http://www.ogrd.wsu.edu/
Your resources for funding opportunities
- PIVOT—Pivot provides, not only funding, but also expertise searching http://pivot.cos.com/.
- The Informer—A list of opportunities can be found at: http://informer.ogrd.wsu.edu/.
- The CFR team—We subscribe to FoundationSearch, a detailed database of thousands of foundations across the country. Contact us for more information.